Dashboard Messages Overview
Dashboard messages are a quick way to send messages to the store(s) for employees to see from the POS and Control Center. This can effectively replace email, as messages are threaded and can even contain attachments. The POS will show unread messages to cashiers, and the Control Center will notify users of any new messages via notifications.
Utilizing Dashboard Messages requires adequate permissions assigned to the user/employee login.
1. Reaching the Dashboard Messages Module
To reach the Dashboard Messages module, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Log into Control Center
- Step 2: Choose Point of Sale
- Step 3: Choose Dashboard Messages
2. Understanding Dashboard Messages
After clicking "Dashboard Messages," you will be redirected to the Dashboard Messages page, where you can see the existing messages (if any).
You can see the following tabular information for dashboard message records:
1. Search & Filter Options: Search the message by entering text/keyword, and filter the list records using various filter selections.
Search Keywords | Subject | Select Store | Select Employee | View Active/Deleted Messages
Reset: This button resets the filters and set the list as default.
2. View: Check the read/unread messages as per the view icon enabled/disabled respectively.
- View: Click the "View" button to view the message with details like the sender and attachments, reply, and upload supporting files in the response.
- Delete: Click the "Delete" icon to remove a single message from the list.
Delete: By clicking this "Delete" button, you can delete the messages that you have selected by checking the checkboxes.
Add New: By clicking "Add New," you can create a new message to send to the employees as per assignments.
3. Creating a New Dashboard Message
By clicking the "Add New" button from the listing page, you will see "Create New Message" pop-up on the screen.
You will see two tabs to configure the message: Message Details | Assignments.
- Message Details: Enter the message details with an attachment and configure when you need to send.
- Assignments: Configure who will get the message at which locations.
3.1 Message Details
You need to enter and configure the following details for message:
1. Account: Select the account from the drop-down list to send the message to the employee belonging to that account.
2. Subject: Enter the subject details for what is the purpose of the message/notification.
3. Body: Enter the description of the message with some more details.
4. Schedule to Show At: You can schedule the date and time when you want to trigger the message. By clicking the edit box, you will get a tiny calendar to select the date and time.
5. Choose Files: Select the supporting file/image by clicking the "Choose Files" button that makes the message easier to understand. (You can skip the file if there are no files to support the message structure.)
6. Once the message details are added and configured, click the "Next" button to navigate to the "Assignments" tab.
Now, you need to select the locations or employees for sending messages to the relevant employees. You will have two options: Send to Location(s) | Send to Employee(s)
- Send to Location(s): When selected, this option will send the dashboard message to a selected or custom location.
- Send to Employee(s): You can also choose to send a message to a specific employee or a group of employees.
3.2.1 Send to Location(s)
If you selected "Send to Location(s)", you need to select the following options to filter and send the message to the relevant locations:
1. Location Match: Determine whether to send the message to a specific location(s) or to all locations where employees are assigned.
- Logged In Location: System will trigger the message to the specific location where the employees are assigned.
- Any Location Match: System will trigger the message to all the locations where the employees are associated but by considering the selected location.
2. Locations: This option lets you choose either “All” locations or “Custom” locations.
- If you select “All” locations, the message will be triggered to all locations.
- If you select "Custom," you can select the specific locations only where you want to send the message.
3. Employees See Only Their Replies: Enable this setup if you want to hide other employees' replies in that message thread. But if this option is disabled, all employees who get the message can see the replies in the message thread.
If the "Custom" option is selected in "2. Locations" drop-down, you will get the "Manage" label to select the location(s).
By clicking the "Manage" button, the pop-up will appear on the screen with the list of the locations. Tick the checkbox(es) of the location(s) and move them to the "Selected List."
After moving to the selected list, click the "Apply" button to finalize the location selection where the message will be triggered.
Once you selected the location(s), click the "Create Message" button to send the message to all the locations or to the selected location(s) as per the selection.
When the Locations option is set to "All" and the "Create Message" button is clicked, it will show the pop-up message for the confirmation to send the message to all locations. However, if you have selected the specific locations, you will not be asked for confirmation.
By clicking the "OK" button, the message will be sent to the locations and added to the list of message records.
3.2.2 Send to Employee(s)
If you selected "Send to Employee(s)," you can send the message to the user (employee).
1. Users: Select "All" to send the messages to all the users (employees) or select "Custom" to send the message to specific users.
2. Employees See Only Their Replies: Enable this setup if you want to hide other employees' replies in that message thread. But if this option is disabled, all employees who get the message can see the replies in the message thread.
If the "Custom" option is selected in the "1. Users" drop-down, you will get the "Manage" label to select the employee(s).
By clicking the "Manage" button, the pop-up will appear on the screen with the list of the locations. Tick the checkbox(es) of the employee(s) and move them to the "Selected List."
After moving to the selected list, click the "Apply" button to finalize the employee's (user's) selection to send the message.
Once you selected the employee(s), click the "Create Message" button to send the message to all the users or to the selected user(s) as per the selection.
When you click the "Create Message" button and the Users selection is set to "All," a pop-up message will appear asking for confirmation to send the message to all users (employees). However, if you have chosen the specific employee(s), this confirmation pop-up will not be displayed.
By clicking the "OK" button, the message will be sent to the employees and added to the list of message records.
4.Dashboard Messages - View Message
You can view the messages and replies from the employees by clicking the "View" button for the individual message record. By clicking the specific "subject" label of the message record, the message will be viewed in the pop-up.
By clicking the "View" button, you will be redirected to the "View Message" page. You can see the following information for the message:
1. Message Thread: You can check the replies of the employees with their names, locations, and time periods.
Note: The replies can be seen if the "Employee See Only Their Replies" option is set. If enabled, only the replier employees can see their replies, but if disabled, all the assigned employees can see each other's replies.
- Print Message Thread: You can print the message thread with all the needed details.
- View Assignments: You can see the assignment details as to whom the message is assigned and at what location.
3. Send Reply: You can send the reply along with a file attached, but this reply will be sent to all the assignments.
4.1 Printing Message Thread
Once you click the “Print Message Thread” button, a PDF is generated with all the replies (whole message thread).
4.2 Viewing Assignments:
Once you click the “View Assignments” button, you can see the assignment details, including to whom the message was sent and at what location(s).
4.3 Deleting a Dashboard Message
You can directly delete the dashboard message from the "View Message" page.
You can delete the single and multiple dashboard messages from the listing page. To delete the multiple dashboard messages, tick the checkboxes and click the "Delete" button.
To delete the single dashboard message, click the "Remove" icon under the "Action" column for the particular message record.