Dashboard Messages Overview
Dashboard messages are a quick way to send messages down to the store(s) for employees to see both within the POS and Control Center. This can effectively replace email, as messages are threaded and can even contain attachments. The POS will show unread messages to cashiers and the Control Center will notify users of any new messages via notifications.
Utilizing Dashboard Messages requires adequate permissions assigned to the user or employee login.
Navigating to the Dashboard Messages Module
To reach the Dashboard Messages module:
- Login to Control Center
- Choose Point of Sale
- Choose Dashboard Messages.
Understanding the Dashboard Messages Module Layout
Please see the image below labeled Figure A for a description of the buttons and fields that appear on the screen.
1.1: Add New: This button helps you add a new message for various/selected locations.
1.2: Delete: Delete button allows you to delete the messages that you have selected by checking the checkboxes.
2. Reset: This button resets the list of messages to let you see any unread messages.
3.1: View: This button helps you view the message with details like sender and attachments, reply and upload supporting files in the response.
3.2: Single Delete: This button helps you in case you wish to delete a single message.
- Search Keyword: This field lets you search a specific message starting with a keyword.
- Select Store: This menu allows you to select one location that displays messages related to that location.
- Select Employees: This menu lets you choose an employee’s name to whom the message is related.
- View Active/Deleted Messages: This drop-down menu helps you active and deleted messages separately.
Creating a New Dashboard Message
Follow the steps mentioned below to add a new dashboard message:
- Click the “Add New” button
highlighted in Figure C above to add
a new dashboard message.
- The form highlighted in Figure D will appear on your screen.
1.1: Account: This field will display the company's name as it appears as SC Choice Management here.
1.2: Subject: Give the subject of the message in a way that the title supports the message body.
1.3: Body: In this field, explain the complete context of the message.
2. Choose Files: Click on the button to choose the files/pictures that support the message.
3.1: Close: This button helps you close the Add New Message Form.
3.2: Next: This button will help you take to the next step of message creation.
• Fill in the subject and body of the message.
• Select and upload the supporting files or pictures that make the message easier to understand. (This step is skippable if there are no files to support the message structure)
• Click on Next if you wish to move ahead with your entries, else press close.
• If you click on Next, the form highlighted in Figure E appears.
• Send to Location(s): When opted, this option will send the dashboard message to a selected or custom location.
• Send to Location Group(s): You can also send a message to a location group that you have grouped purposely.
• Send to Employee(s): You also have an option, if you wish to send a message to a particular employee or a number of employees.
• Logged-in Location: Another radio option that by default is toggled ON for the locations where the POS device is active. Although, you have the right to change it.
• Any Location Match: This option lets you choose any random location matches (needs review).
• Location: This option lets you choose either “All” locations or “Custom” locations.
- If you select “All” locations, then the message will be created for all locations, but if you select “Custom,” then by pressing the “Manage” button, you can select specific locations for which you wish to create a dashboard message. See (Figure F).
Fields & Buttons:
1. Clear Selection: This button will help you clear the selection of all locations.
2. Next: This button will help move ahead with the selection.
3.1: Apply: This button will help you apply the selection of the locations.
3.2: Close: This button will close the currently opened form.
5. Delete Single Location Selection: This button will allow you to delete a single location from the selection.
- Click on “Apply” to apply and move ahead with
the selection of the location.
- The form highlighted in Figure G will appear on your screen.
1. Manage: Click on the "Manage" button to customize the store locations.
2. Delete Single Location: These buttons will help you delete the location that is selected.
3.1 Close: This button will help you close the current screen of Create New Message.
3.2 Previous: This button will help you take to the previous screen of Create New Message.
3.3 Create Message: Click on this button to create a dashboard message by applying the changes.
• Click on “Create Message,” to finally create a message. An “OK” dialog box (See Figure H) with a “Good Job” remark appears.
This button will help you view the unread message one by one that is meant for you.
Follow the steps mentioned below to view a dashboard message:
- Click the “View Message” button highlighted in Figure A above to view a dashboard message.
- The form highlighted in Figure I will appear on your screen.
1.1: Print Message: This button will let you print the dashboard message thread with all the needed details.
1.2: View Assignments: This button will help you see the assignment details as to whom the dashboard message is assigned and at what location.
2. Send Reply: This button will help you send a reply to the dashboard message received.
3. Choose Files: This button help you select the files that will support the document.
Printing Message Thread:
Follow the steps mentioned below to print the message thread.
- Click the “Print Message Thread” button highlighted in Figure I above to print the dashboard message thread.
- A report highlighted in Figure J will appear on your screen.
the steps mentioned below to view assignments:
- Click the “View Assignment” button
highlighted in Figure I above to view
the assignments of the dashboard message.
form highlighted in Figure K will
appear on your screen.
Deleting a Dashboard Message
the steps mentioned below to delete the dashboard message:
- Click on the “Delete” button
highlighted in Figure A above to
delete the assignments of the dashboard message.
dialog box highlighted in Figure L will
appear on your screen.
- Click on ”Delete” if you wish to delete
multiple selected messages.
- Click on “Cancel” to close the popup and
skip the deletion process.