Inventory Adjustments Reports Overview
The "Inventory Adjustments" report type will display the list of products for which adjustments were made during a specifically selected date range (time period). Various filters can also be configured, depending on your specific
will display several related fields on your screen with detailed information for each product. The report will display the list of products for which adjustments were made.
Reaching the Inventory Adjustments Report
To reach the Inventory Adjustments Report, follow the below steps (See Figure A):
- Step 1: Log into Control Center
- Step 2: Choose Point of Sale
- Step 3: Choose Reports
- Step 4: Choose Inventory Reports
- Step 5: Choose Inventory Adjustments Report
See (Figure A). You will see many types of inventory reports that will be useful to your retail business. By clicking the "Choose Report" drop-down selection, you will see the different types of inventory reports.
By clicking "Inventory Adjustment Report," you will be redirected to the "Inventory Adjustment Report," where you can see relevant filtering and sorting options.
1. Generating Inventory Adjustment Report
To generate the "Inventory Adjustment Report," follow the steps below. (See Figure B above).
- From the "Inventory Adjustment Report" page, you will see the "Choose Report" drop-down selection.
- By clicking the drop-down selection, you will see different types of inventory reports in alphabetical order.
- Search for "Inventory Adjustment Report" from the list and click on it.
The following data gets fetched in tabular format when you click on the "Generate Report" button in the top right corner; the "Inventory Adjustment Report" report will be displayed as highlighted in Figure C.
Fields To Be Filled:
- Filter Items: This field lets you pick either of the two options, "Show All" or "Custom," which are subject to displaying all the inventory adjustments for the selected location. Custom Filters will segregate the report according to different filters.
- Start Date: Pick the start date for the transfer time period.
- End Date: Pick the end date for the transfer time period.
The following data gets displayed in tabular format to know what items are adjusted in selected time period.
- Store: This column will display the location store to which an inventory adjustment has been applied.
- Type: In case the user has checked all the checkbox filters (embedded at the bottom). This column explains the types of inventory adjustments.
- UPC: It stands for Universal Product Code (UPC) which helps in keeping track of items at the store.
- Item Name: This column displays the list of item names that have been adjusted in the inventory.
- Quantity: Here, the quantitative value of items that have been adjusted in the inventory is mentioned.
- Cost Each: This column displays the cost per item.
- Total Cost: Total cost is calculated as cost per unit x no. of units adjusted.
- Time Stamp: This field displays the date and time of the inventory adjustment process initiation.
2. Filter Options
Let's understand the custom filter options to generate the "Inventory Adjustment" report by setting up specific criteria.
2.1 Save Filter and Custom Filters for "Inventory Adjustment Report"
You can generate the "Inventory Adjustment" report for all store locations with the "Show All" option or a customized report with "Custom Filter."
You will see the different tabs to filter the items for the item "Inventory Adjustment" report. You can choose the required filter category.
- You can select the saved custom filter from the drop-down selection.
- The "Manage Filters" button will open the list of the saved custom filters. See Figure E.
- Select Filter: You can select any filter from the list to generate the desired "Inventory Adjustment" report. Select the filter from the list, and then click on the "Select Filter" button.
2.1.1: Filter Items by Different Categories
Select "Manage Filter Category," say "Department," and you will see many options listed below. See (Figure E) above.
See (Figure F). Now, let's see how to check the "Inventory Adjustment" report using different filters. The data in the "Inventory Adjustment" report can be filtered into different categories as well. The filter options are:
- Department: If you select "Departments," you will see a report of items that are transferred department-wise.
- Manufacturer: If you select "Manufacturer," you will see the manufacturer-specific inventory data in the report of the items that are transferred.
- Category: If you select "Category," you will see the product's category-wise inventory data in the report. You can check the inventory data in the report at the category level. You need to select the level from the "Category" drop-down selection.
- Tag: If you select "Tag," you will get the tags-wise inventory data for the group that is entered in the product details. When you select the "Tag," the specific tag group will be enabled.
- By Vendor: If you select "Vendor," you will get the vendor-wise inventory data for the group that is entered in the product details.
1. Selected List: You will have one flag to decide whether you want to "Include" or "Exclude" the selected records when "Figure G" is generated.
- Include: If the flag is selected as "Include," it means the "Inventory Adjustment Report" will be generated by applying the selected records. See Figure G above.
- Exclude: If the flag is selected to "Exclude," it means the "Inventory Adjustment Report" will be generated without including the selected records. See Figure G above.
2. Clear Selection: You can remove any record from the list by clicking the "Remove" (x) icon. If you want to remove the whole selection, click the "Clear Selection" button.
2.1.2 Save Custom Filter
You can also save the configured custom filters for future use. By clicking the "Save Filters" button, a pop-up will appear to allow you to enter the name of the custom filter.
- Click on OK to save the filter; once saved, click on "Apply" to apply the filters to the report.
2.2 Date Range
- You can filter your data in the report between the dates and select a specific time from the Start Date and End Date drop-down calendars.
- By clicking the edit box, you will get the drop-down calendar to select the specific date range. You can also enter the date manually in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- You can also generate a report with a specific time duration (till morning/evening), and you can select the particular time (hour & minutes) from the date selection. See Figure I.
Presets label is provided to select the specific duration/interval to generate the "Inventory Adjustment Report" according to the selected time period.
3. Generating "Inventory Adjustment Report" After Applying Filters
The following are the Filters to be applied:
- Show Summary: This check filter will list the summary of items that have been adjusted in the selected time duration.
- Show Item with 0 Qty: This filter will display the list of items whose quantity has become "0" or less than "0" at the selected store.
- Include Invoices: This checkbox filter includes the list of invoices relevant to inventory adjustment in the selected time period.
- Include Adjustment: This checkbox filter includes the list of items adjusted in the report.
- Include Transfers: This checkbox filter will list transfers from the "selected stores."
- Include Cycle Counts: Checking this filter will include the list of cycle counts that have been performed in the selected time period.
A cycle count is a perpetual inventory auditing procedure where you follow a regularly repeated sequence of checks on a subset of inventory. Cycle counts contrast with traditional physical inventory, wherein traditional physical inventory ceases operations at a facility while all items are counted.
- Include Spot Checks: Check this filter to prompt the system to list all the spot checks performed in the selected time period.
Spot checks are ad hoc adjustments used when an individual discrepancy in the warehouse occurs. They are typically used for activities such as disposing of broken items or adding items to stock.
- Include Waste: Check this checkbox to apply a filter to the report to display the list of items that have been wasted (expired) during the selected time period.
If you have checked all the filters, the resultant report will be a combination of all the filters.
Adjustments Overview Adjustments are a simple way to alter inventory levels, both positive and negative amounts. This movement is applied immediately and tied directly to the logged-in user. The user first has to have permission to view or create ...
Inventory Movement Report
Inventory Movement Report Overview Inventory Movement is all about the location of the product, i.e., where did a product arrive from, and where was the product sent/transferred to. When your company orders products from vendors, they arrive at one ...
Inventory Projection Report
Inventory Projection Report Overview Inventory Projection is also known as Inventory Forecasting or Demand Planning. It’s all about guesswork or estimation of past inventory data/trends in order to make inventory management effective for the future. ...
Worksheet Overview Worksheet helps in adjusting the items in stock at the inventory level. On the form, you need to enter general information as well as changes to the physical quantity and/or system value of each inventory item to be adjusted. The ...
Employee Groups Overview The admin can create, manage, and use a “Group” assignment for employees to simplify permissions. This allows you to set up permissions based on a role and assign employees without having to individually manage employee ...