A "Location" is the physical location of the retail store and has the specific address details of where it is located. The location is always bound to a pricebook zone. The Pricebook Zone defines the product's cost & retail price as per the different zones/areas/regions can be different across the same items.
Locations will be utilized in different modules such as applying discounts/buydowns, assignment in vendor & vendor parts, transferring stocks to another location, getting report data by location group, or filtering the specific location(s), and many others.
Location wise Tax Rate => Location <= Pricebook Zone
1. Navigating to the Locations module
To reach the "Locations", (Navigation-1)
- Step-1: Login to Control Center
- Step-2: Choose Locations
You can only manage the "Locations" if you click the Locations that appear as the main menu from the panel.
- Step-1: Login to Control Center
- Step-2: Choose Point of Sale
- Step-3: Choose Maintenance
- Step-4: Choose Locations
By navigating to "Locations" under the Point of Sale, you can also navigate to Pricebook Zone to create or manage it.
2. Understanding the "Locations" main page
By clicking any "Locations" menu from the left panel as shown in Figure 1, the listing page of the locations will be redirected as shown in the below figure.
You will see the list of the existing location records in the grid view:
1. Basic details:
- Name: Name of the location (store).
- Store #: This column shows the unique number of each location that was entered during creation.
- Phone: This column shows the contact number details of each location that was entered in the "Location & Contact" details.
2. Pricebook Zone: This column represents the assigned pricebook zone to the location (store).
3. Location Groups: This column represents the location assigned to the specific location group(s). Location Grouping will be helpful for reporting purposes. It is possible that the location might have fallen into more than one group.
4. City & State columns provide the details of where the store is physically located.
- Edit This button helps the user to modify (change/update) the details of the location.
- Delete: This button helps the user to remove the Location.
6. Add New: This button helps the user to add and configure a new location (store).
3. Adding a New Location
By clicking the "Add New" button as shown in Figure 2, you will be redirected to the details page to configure the store and assign the price book zone.
You will see the below different tabs to configure the location as per requirement:
Details | Location & Contacts | API Connections | Schedules | Online Order Settings
3.1 Details tab
You need to configure the following settings from the "Details" tab:
1. Location Name: Enter the store name. Location/Store name will be useful to identify during other module configurations (Location-specific tax rate) and to generate reports of product sales or inventory.
2. Pricebook Zone: Select the pricebook zone from the drop-down list. Pricebook Zone carries the cost & retail price details of the products. So, the product pricing is also assigned to the specific location (store). As configured the location-wise tax rate, the tax rate will be applied to the pricebook zone that is assigned to the location.
Please refer to the Pricebook Zone
KB Article for how to set up the Pricebook Zone. |
Refer to Tax Rate KB Article for how the location-specific tax rate is configured.
3. Location Type: Select the type that whether it is retail or warehouse. The warehouse location is used when a "corporate" inventory is kept and needed to transfer the inventory to another store for various reasoning.
4. Store Number: Enter the numeric value of the store. This will be a unique store number for the store.
Note: Generally, retail chain stores are set up with the Location/Store Name, and the Store Numbers together. Although the store number is not mandatory. You can keep it blank.
5. Timezone: Select the applicable time zone where the store is located i.e., The time zone will be helpful during the product discount starting and ending duration, scheduling employee's timing, etc.
6. Location Groups: Select the location group from the drop-down list. By clicking any group name, the location group will be selected. You will see the existing groups in the drop-down list but you can also add a new one from here just by entering the group name in the edit box to define the new location group.
7. Omit From Offline Report: By enabling this option, the report will be omitted.
8. Hide From Customer: By enabling this option, this location will be hidden from the customers.
9. Account Number: Enter the account number for payment or payout for accounting purposes. (Financial Data)
10. Bank Account Number: Enter the account number of the bank.
11. Save options: You can save the details that are configured.
You need to enter the store address and contact details. This is the mandatory tab to enter the details.
Address: Enter the address details like street no., building, area, etc.
City: Enter the name of the city
State: Select the state from the drop-down selection.
Zip: Enter the valid Zip code of the area.
Location Phone: Enter the official phone number.
Sometimes the store's address and contact number will be helpful in communication. When any item is out of stock, the cashier/manager can check the nearest store from the POS and get the address details for the customers.
3.3 API Connections
This is the optional detail. API details will be used for the Android handheld runs the app extension of the control center and POS. i.e., Counting Inventories. As a note, this is strictly for the on-premises retail application (FasTrax Director).
You can manage the opening and closing hours of the store for the days. By clicking the day, you can enable/disable for that day.
You can set the timing by clicking the time box.
Once you have scheduled the store opening & closing for days, you can save the configuration and move to the next tab.
3.5 Online Order Settings
You can set up if your account is set up for FTxCommerce. You need to define your item selling through an eCommerce site and free delivery within a specific distance.
Buttons: Once the location details are configured, save the location. See Figure 3.5.1 above
- Save & Close: Click on this button if you want to save the location details and close it. You will be redirected to the location listing page.
- Save & New: Click on this button if you want to save the location details but also want to add a new location.
- Save: Click on this button if you want to stay on the location details page after saving it.
- Cancel: The department will not be added (saved) and you will redirect to the location listing page.
3.6 Enter tax rate on saving new location
When you save a new location for the first time using any saving options, you will get the "Tax Rate" pop-up on the screen to configure the tax for this location in one go.
You need to select the "Tax Group" and "Tax Rate" from the drop-down list. You need to enter the applicable tax rate value for this location.
By clicking the "Save" button, the tax rate detail will be saved for this location.
As the location-specific tax rate is immediately asked on saving the new location, you will not require to navigate to the "Taxes" module to enter the tax value for the newly added location. Although you can navigate there if you want to manage the "Flat Tax" and/or "Occupational Tax".
Once you configured the location and saved it, the location will be listed on the main page.
Note: If you are in a Super-Admin role and creating the new account (client), the new location will be created with a similar name to the account by default. Later on, you can edit and configure the location details.
4. Manage Tax Rate for Location
The tax rate value is managed location-wise. If you have entered the tax rate value from the location when you are saving the location, you can see the tax value is already added from the Tax Rate.
You can manage the other tax values such as "Flat Tax ($)" and "Occupation Tax (%)" if both or anyone is applicable for the location.
5. Editing & Deleting Locations
To edit the location, click the "Modify" button that is highlighted or simply click on the location name from the list.
In both cases, you will be redirected to the location details page.
1. You will see the existing location details and setups for different tabs. Modify (change/update) the details and setups as per need.
2. You will see the assigned devices to this location on the right side whether it is online or offline.
Once the details are modified, save the location details. (Save button explanations will be similar to “Adding Locations”.)
You can delete the location record from its editing page. You will see the additional "Delete" button on the top-right side when you click the location for modifying. (See above Figure 5.2)
You can remove the location record from the listing page by clicking the "Remove" button.
- In both cases, a warning popup will be asked to confirm the deletion.
6. Location Options on modification
Some of the settings will be enabled when you modify the location (after creation). When you modify the location, the below option will be enabled from the location modification page:
POS Panel & Manage POS Settings (Navigation-1)
6.1 POS Panel
From the location detail page, the "POS Panel" drop-down option will be enabled. Select the required POS Panel for this location from the drop-down list.
POS Panel selection: Every store (location) may not have the same POS (button) layout and different actions to perform the transaction. i.e., Retail Stores and Tobacco Store transaction options might vary. Food items from the retail stores might have Food Stamps while all tobacco products can't be sold without Age verification (DL scanning). So there's an option to select the required POS panel that is relevant to your retail business.
6.2 Manage POS Settings [main menu]
If you have navigated the location from the main menu (not under the "Point of Sale"), you will get the "Manage POS Setting" to configure the POS Device Setting for this location.
The POS and transaction-related settings in the POS Device Global Setting (Settings -> ) will be applicable to all the stores (locations). But, as per the requirement, you can override the settings and update the locations-specific POS Device settings by clicking the "Manage POS Settings" individually.
By clicking the "Manage POS Setting", you will see the window named "POS Device Location Settings" to configure all the POS & transaction-related settings.
You will get the checkboxes beside each setting and by ticking the checkbox, the settings will be enabled for this location. In this way, you can override the Global Settings and apply the location-specific settings.
Once you have enabled & configured any settings, click on the "Close" button to save the override and location-specific settings.
7. Mass Assign Locations
When you are creating an employee, you also need to assign permissions for locations (stores) to access their settings (Dashboard, POS, & Handheld). Sometimes it requires that an employee needs to be assigned to another location(s) because of the shortage of employees or for extra shifts needed at that location.
To manage the location assignment to more than one employee, the "Mass Assign Locations" setup is provided at the location level. You will find the "Mass Assign Locations" setup (button) from the Locations listing page on the top-right side.
By clicking the "Mass Assign Locations" button, you will see the popup to set up the location assignment in bulk.
There are mainly three settings: Dashboard Settings | POS Settings | Handheld Settings. You can enable the required setting and select the employee(s) to provide the accessibility of the specific location(s).
- Select Employee: You will see the list of all the employees. Select the employees to assign the location with the settings.
- Select Locations: You will see the list of all the locations. Select the locations to provide the access to the selected employees.
Here, as per the above figure, both employees are assigned to the two locations with accessibility to the POS Settings of both locations.